Monday, September 20, 2010
I was thinking about what makes me feel instantly chic and came up with this list.
- Sleek hair tied back, rather than wearing it down and wavy
- Putting handcream on and pushing back cuticles
- Touching up my makeup: a little powder on the nose, comb eyebrows, brush hair if it's not tied back, touch up lipstick and spritz on some fragrance
- Dressing in neutral colours
- Wearing heels (they don't have to be very high) rather than flats, with dark denim jeans
- Giving myself an attitude check: less grumpy and more positive
- By the same token, thinking chic: imagine I am a chic Parisienne going about my day
- Relax my face and soften my mouth into a small smile, rather than a normal non-smiling mouth which can look turned down at the corners
- Wearing red lipstick with not much eyemakeup except for plenty of black mascara, or alternatively a little more around the eyes with light pink/beige lip gloss
- Wearing the classics: dark denim, neutrals, crisp white shirt, 'diamond' stud earrings or hoop earrings, beige cotton trench coat
- Tossing on a scarf
What can you add to this list?